Saturday, June 7, 2008

School's Out For Summer. School's Out Forever!

Well folks, this is it - the first blog entry in the life of Nathan Coons. It's one of those things I've kind of wanted to do for a long time. The idea of being able to write random crap for anyone or no one at all to read is somewhat intriguing, I just haven't been able to take that step into actually doing it. It's kind of like when I finally got a cell phone. Practically everyone in the world had had a cell phone for years before I got my one. The only reason I got one was because Corri got a new one so I took her old one. It's now about 4 years old and quite old fashion, but it's been a good phone and I don't see any need to replace it.
Just so you know, my wife doesn't know that I am now a blogger. So if you never hear from me again, it's because she changed the password on me (this one was easy to figure out. Even most of you could hack it.)
So, this has been an exciting week for me. Of course, the most exciting thing this week was the release of Weezer's 6th album, aka The Red Album. I have to admit it's not my favorite, but like so many other albums, it has already grown on me quite a bit. I have realized that it's less of a rock album and more of a work of art. Individual pieces don't seem like much, but when you listen to the whole thing and see how they come together to form a much bigger picture, it is rather good.
Another exciting (and suprising) event was the fact that James Badger got married. I went to his reception on Friday and met up with most of the old gang. It was good to see everyone.
And, as you already know, I finally graduated yesterday. As was expected, the graduation itself was long and boring, although it was actually better than I expected in that they really didn't have any speeches. The aftermath was much more fun. My parents, Janae, Corri's parents, and Rich were there for the graduation. Afterward, all of us, along with more family and friends met up for a BBQ and party. It turned out to be a really good party and I'm glad everyone could come.
Well, if you're reading this right now because you're bored at a graduation, go ahead and e-mail me or leave a comment. You're reading the Nathan and Corri Story. I'll be back right after this short little, graduated break.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

CONGRATS! It must feel great to finally be done! We are happy for you! :)

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

I am so happy that you finally have a blog!! Hooray! And I'm so happy that you are expecting! When I hopped on here Loren was all, "Yeah! And I think they're expecting too!" Well, I didn't know that. That is awesome! You must be so excited to be soon having your first baby! It's so much fun. It's life changing, but only in a positive way.

I'm so happy that I get to add you to my list!

Last night I was asking Loren, "I wonder how Nate and Corri are doing?" We were watching a show and a guy on there looked like Nate and made me think of you guys. How ironic that you would be writing me the next day?

Anyways, this is getting long! We love you guys and wish you the BEST! Congrats on your house! Oh, paint those cabinets! I would prime them and paint them white. But that's just me. Dark brown and black cabinets are really nice too (and you don't need primer because they're darker than yellow). Be sure to send pics of your projects. I wish I could be there! I love to paint!

klutzy k said...

i should leave a comment here too so ya know i read it. :) i just found your blog about two minutes ago and i decided it's time for you to post again. :D congrats on your degree!

oh, i found a letter from your mission yesterday when i was unpacking. you are so funny! in one part you were talking about your companion in salida and said something like, 'you should see this guy teach. he has the personality of a tree branch.' ha ha haaaaa!!!!

--kimberly