Do you ever just sit and think about how blessed you are? I don't often enough, but today I am. I know it sounds so cliche but I really do have the best husband and the best life. Yesterday was my birthday and all day long I was kinda bored and just thinking how birthdays get lamer as you get older. Then Nathan got off work and made my whole day better. I know he thinks that my birthday was "lame" because those were his exact words but it really wasn't once he got home. He bought me some beautiful flowers, a new CD by one of my favorite artists, a cheesecake (because it's my favorite) and a pedicure. But the best part was the card he gave me and the words he wrote inside. I know that is such a girl thing to say the card is the best part but it just made me feel very appreciated and loved. It's nice to feel that way. To quote part of a song from the CD he got me, "I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend".
Nathan wrote most of our latest news in the previous post. He graduated with his Doctor of Pharmacy degree last Friday and I couldn't be prouder of him. As he said, we had a fun party afterward with some family and friends to celebrate his achievement. It was good to see some friends that we hadn't seen in a while as well as spend some time with both our parents. Things are moving along with the house. We had our inspection and most everything was fine...there were a few things that we have to take care of before we can move in but nothing to keep us from wanting the house still. Now we are just working on getting all of our documents together to close and then the fun begins...purchasing blinds, window treatments, painting, decorating, etc. Basically spending lots of money. :D
On another note, we had some pictures taken recently that I wanted to post. This was a friend of a friend type situation where the photographer wanted to quit the photography company he had been working for. He took our pictures and gave us the entire CD for only $50! I thought it was too good a deal to pass up. So here are some of the results. Let me know what you think.






5 comments:
You look so cute. So it's a boy huh! How fun. I some how found your blog. Check ours out thedelancyfamily.blogspot.com
I love the pictures! You two make a picture perfect couple. Gosh, your kids will be gorgeous! And the bump is adorable! I bet you are both way excited to start your family with a little boy!
Oh Corri I just found your blog on Karli's!!!! WOW you are one hot pregnant lady!!! Whoo whoo!!!!!!!!!! When are you due, that's so exciting!!!?? You two are so cute!! It was so fun to see how you are doing. :)
oh my heavens you are sooo pretty, corri!
and congrats to dr. coons! i am so flippin' proud of you!
it was great to see you guys a few weekends ago! good luck on getting into your new home and getting all situated and stuff. i'm so happy for all the happy stuff going on for you guys! :)
love,
kimberly
Aw! What a cute couple you are! My favorite is the one where Nate is behind you and you're showing off your prego belly. Countdown time!
Post a Comment