Do do doo dooo
do do doot doot dooo
Do do doo doo dooo
It's the Final Countdown
That's right, folks - just a little over a week until I take my licensure exam, which means that once again, I have no life, which means I didn't do anything last weekend and I don't have anything fun planned for this weekend, which means I don't have much to write about. So in this edition of the Nathan and Corri Story:
- Joke of the day
- What I've been doing since my last posting (besides study)
- The obligatory housing update
So I think this joke is pretty funny. You may not think so, but we'll see.
A bear walked into a bar in Billings and ordered a beer from the bartender.The bartender said, “Sorry, we don’t sell beer to bears in Billings.”The bear said, “You see that women at the end of the bar? If you don’t sell me a beer, I’ll go down there and eat her all up!”The bartender said, “Sorry, we don’t sell beer to belligerent bears in Billings.”The bear arose from the barstool, walked down to where the woman sat and devoured her. He then returned to his barstool and told the bartender to give him a beer.The bartender said, “Sorry, we don’t sell beer to bad, belligerent bears in Billings and in particular those that are on drugs!!”“Drugs?, said the bear, “I’m not on drugsThe bartender replied, “You are now. That was a barbiturate!”
So last weekend Saturday was pretty lame, obviously, not much to talk about, although I did go to Sports Authority and buy a set of discs for disc golf. I haven't got to use them, yet, but at least I'm official. I also saw a pool table that I want to get, but I'm still in the process of convincing the wife that our house needs a pool table and that it's worth designating an entire room to.
I actually got to go to the driving range last week (real golf, not disc golf, although you're not supposed to call it real golf around disc golfers because they get mad, so it's actually called ball golf). Anyway, it's been quite a while since I've been golfing so it felt good to get out there on the driving range.
On Sunday we went to our new, future ward. A guy I graduated with was in that ward, and that was his last Sunday there, so now everyone will think of me as his replacement, I guess.
Last week we had a doctor's appointment, which went pretty well. They didn't do anything too exciting at this one. We heard the heart beat again and saw a quick ultra sound (just to take a couple measurements) and that was it. Next time will be the 3-D ultrasound, though, so that will be fun.
As far this weekend goes, yesterday we went out to eat at Chili's. On the way home we stopped at Fry's Marketplace to see if they had any furniture we would want (today is double discount day for me). We found some stuff we liked but realized we didn't have a way to get it home or really a home to put it in for that matter, so I guess we'll be waiting for the next discount day. I did spend quite a bit of time in the toy department, though, and found a couple of really cool Nerf dart guns that I might get. It's always good to have those things around.
Last night we finally watched Be Kind Rewind, a movie that I have been wanting to see for a long time. It actually wasn't terribly great, but it was funny enough. I mostly just wanted to see it because it has Jack Black, pretty much my favorite actor.
Not much to update on the house, except for the fact that we found out that our A/C unit is underpowered for our house (the previous owners added a 350 sq. ft. room to the house but kept the same 3 ton unit). So, we either need to upgrade to a 4 ton unit or cool that one room separately. We're not sure what we're going to do yet. The existing unit is about 12 years old, so we may just replace it.
Well, if you would like to buy me a new A/C unit, go ahead and e-mail me (or leave a comment). I'll let you know where you can send the check. You're reading the Nathan and Corri Story. If you thought this posting was lame, well, that's your fault for actually reading the whole thing.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
The Final Countdown
Posted by Corri at 2:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey Nate and Corri, hang in there with the house, is there anyone on the planet who has not had a nighmare of a time buying a home? I don't think so, but hopefully things will come together soon. That's a bummer about Corri's license. Nate, it's fun to read your posts, we haven't really had a chance to get to know you because things are always crazy whenever the Gardners get together! Congrats on your graduation and new job, thanks for lending us Corri for a while...we miss her!
Nate, I love reading your posts! Whenever Corri and I get together we're always so chatty and stuff, that I've never really gotten a chance to get to know you, so this is fun. Good luck on your exam!
P.S.
Find me a husband and I will buy you an A/C unit.
re: joke of the day
ha ha haaaaaaa!!!
Re: e
You may borrow Corri any time you like. :)
Re: heather
I'm sure Corri or I have a cousin or someone that we can give you, so it's a deal.
Re: klutzy k
Glad you liked it. I forgot to mention that it's PG due to drug/alcohol references and mild profanity.
I totally know what song you wrote out so phonetically!
Post a Comment