Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily

Hello America,

In this posting of The Nathan and Corri Story:

- Updated info on our house
- Life after graduation
- Weekends (2 since my last post)

So, it looks like everything is falling into place on the house, which is good. We finally got all the documents and stuff that we needed, which was more of a hassle than you may realize considering the fact that all our stuff is in storage right now (including the filing cabinet, which is near the back of the 10 x 20 storage locker). Not to mention that Corri lost her drivers licence at the airport recently. Our lender needed a copy of her licence, but she couldn't get a licence because she didn't have an address (we moved out of our campus apartment and into an extended stay hotel). I do have a PO Box, but we couldn't put her name on it because she didn't have a drivers licence (and she couldn't get a licence because she didn't have an address). I guess there's some truth to the Alice Cooper song "Lost in America." For those of you who are not familiar with the song, it goes like this:
I can't get a girlcuz I ain't got a car
I can't get a carcuz I ain't got a job
I can't get a jobcuz I ain't got a car
So I'm looking for a girl with a job and a car
Don't you know where you are
Anyway, our lender said the only thing holding us up now is a paystub from me, which I will get tomorrow. That will also be exciting because last week was the first week in years in which I actually worked 40 hours in a single week, as opposed to the 8 hrs/week that I worked during school. It was a good feeling actually, also kind of weird to think that this is it. I've never had a permanent full time job before. Every full time job I've ever had has been just for a summer. So this is the dawn of my career, well pretty much. I'm actually not licensed yet, which means I can't yet work without another pharmacist present. I'm taking the licensure exam on July 8 and the Arizona law exam on July 11. Assuming everything goes as planned, I will then be official.
The other weird thing about having graduated is that I have actually been able to enjoy weekends (a luxury which I have long since forgotten about). Sure I still have to spend time studying for the big exams coming up, but I haven't had to actually be anywhere. So of course, where do I go when I don't need to be anywhere? The golf course. Except the last two times have been unique. The weekend before last I wanted to both golf and spend time with my wife, so I did both. We went goofy golfing at Castles and Coasters. Of course I won, even though I had to take a 12 at the 11th hole because I could not get the ball in the hole. The next few holes after that were rough for me as well, but I soon regained my composure and went on to win the tournament.
Last weekend I made the discovery that there are actually disc golf courses in the Phoenix area, a game I have not seen since my mission (one of my areas had a disc golf course that we would go play at on P-days). I have wanted to play again for a long time, but I didn't realize that they had that game here as well (you see, I served my mission in a place far, far, away). So yeah, I'll definately be playing a lot more of that. Plus it's a lot less expensive than golf because most courses are free, except for the one in Scottsdale that charges $1.
Well, if you would like to play disc golf or any other type of golf with me this weekend, go ahead and e-mail me (or leave a comment). Except for the card game called golf. I don't even know how to play that. You're reading the Nathan and Corri Story. I'll be back right after this birdie of a break.

3 comments:

klutzy k said...

i have never golfed in my life. except goofy golfing (twice. no! thrice. i'm a pro ha ha) and the wii. i'd probably whip you, so we'll just stay home this weekend and let you win. :D

Karli said...

Nate, I never knew this... but you are stinkin' FUUNY!! I laughed much of my way through both of your posts! I think we should hang out more. And golfing? I've been to the driving range once.. and could NOT even hit the ball. I guess I have ZERO coordination.

Corri said...

I am actually quite good at Wii golf, so don't be talkin' your game up too much. I am also quite good at Wii bowling, I might add. And boxing. I'm not too good at baseball, though. I'm much better at N64 baseball.

As for not being able to hit the ball in real golf, yes that does happen to me occasionally, too. I'm still an amatuer. I'm much better at Wii golf - it's way easier to get a good hit.