I just wanted to use the word extravaganza... :D. Well, only about 3 weeks to go before this little guy arrives. As it gets closer I find myself dreaming about him more, thinking about him more and of course, worrying more. I guess that is to be expected. In preparation for his arrival Nate and I painted the nursery. It had to be done unless we wanted him to be femmy. The room before was pink with flowers, butterflies and a picket fence painted on the wall. Cute, but extremely girly. I should've taken a "before" picture to post but I didn't think of it.
This was my first time painting a room ever, so I learned a lot. There are things I would do differently but overall I think it turned out pretty well. The deacons in our new ward even came and helped out a little for mutual to get a painting merit badge. They mostly did the primer and then we finished up with the blue and the stripes. I'll post another picture when the room is complete with furniture and all, but for now here is the paint job. I also found this super cute wicker rocking chair on Craigslist that we bought the other day. Call me cheesy but I have gone in and sat in it a few times and thought about rocking the baby in it.
I am so ready for him to be here, let alone to be done with pregnancy. I am huge!! Not to mention uncomfortable and running out of clothes that fit. Throughout my entire pregnancy I have tried to gain as little as possible (me and every other woman on the face of the planet). So far, I have been right on target with my goal until I went to an appointment and they told me I had gained 5 pounds in only two weeks! I was devastated but the nurse told me that it was probably water weight and I would pee it out if I just drank more. (Sorry if this is T.M.I.) So I have been focusing on drinking more water, and I went in for my two-week appointment again yesterday and I had lost 2 pounds. Woo hoo! So, I am still on target with my weight gain goal. This is what I look like as of today...not the cutest picture but I just took a quick snapshot for the blog.Yesterday I was worried I was going into labor because my back was throbbing and so sore...I thought I was having contractions in my back but they went away so I guess it isn't time yet. It gets kinda weird at the end, though. You want to keep living life and planning things, but you don't know when the baby will come so it's just so unsure. For instance, our fourth anniversary is coming up next week. We want to make some plans to celebrate, but don't want to set anything in stone, just in case. Maybe a quiet evening at home would be more enjoyable and relaxing anyway.
Baby shower numero dos is tomorrow...can't wait!! (Thanks Karli in advance...and Teri and Liora for helping!)Well, sorry for my rambling...hope you enjoyed the pics!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Paint Extravaganza
Posted by Corri at 11:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I have like a gazillion comments for this post, so I'll be brief (or try to) (1) I love your painting - maybe you can come give me ideas for our kids room...I'll let you sit in my glider rocker...(2) I don't think it's silly to rock your baby NOW. He's about as big as he's going to be once you get him out anyway. (3) I love that you buy on craigslist, I'm totally a junky. (4) Why didn't we think to do a baby shower for you? Or did the ward do one and I just wasn't invited? Grr. I'll have to just bring you by something I guess.
CUTE, CUTE!! (you and the room) I am so excited that you are going to be a little mommy, and I'm sorry I'll miss your shower. I hope you have a wonderful time and are as happy as ever! Miss your guts!
I guess you found your camera! Yeah! You look amazing Corri - you may feel big, but you're totally smaller than any 8 month pregnant woman should look :) Seriously! Losing 2 lbs at the end? I think you're breaking a record here! I think I gained 5 lbs every week - even 9 lbs once. Yeah, not cool! I'll see you in just 4 more hours! Can't wait. It is going to be such a party!!!
That is so sweet to think of you rocking your little one! You look GREAT!
Aw, Corri...you're beautiful. I know, easy for other people to say when they're not feeling huge and uncomfortable. I'm just getting to where I'm starting to show, and I don't look pregnant yet, just unfortunate in my weight-gaining tendencies. Thanks for the pictures--your rocking chair is adorable, and it's not cheesy at all to think of rocking your baby--I'm not nearly as far along as you are, and yet I'm already having dreams about mine!! Good luck with everything!!
Oh yeah! We have the same anniversary! Happy day, you guys!
The room looks so cute. How exciting! You look really good too! I can't wait to see the little guy.
We set out blog to private, so when you get a chance, would you mind e mailing me your e mail address? That way I can send you an invite.
ladydeets0404@yahoo.com
Thanks! Good luck in the next few weeks.
Hey Corri! I hope everything's going well! This is Renae from the ward. Let's be blog buddies!
The baby room turned out really cute. Good job on the stripes. And I know you probably don't feel it, because I know that the last month is the worst and so miserable with the baby taking up your entire body but you look really cute pregnant. I'm so excited for you guys.
The room looks awesome. I think you did a a super great job on it, especially on the stripes. Now I know who to call when I want help with my kids rooms. And the rocking chair is soooo cute. I bet it looks really cute in the nursery.
I can hardly wait any longer for some pics! I'm totally calling you tomorrow. You better be home from the hospital! I want to find out if "mommying" is all you thought it would be :)
oh my GOSH. do you know that i check this thing like 20 times a day? nathan, you've gotta update! from the sound of karli's last comment, he's HERE!! i'm so freaking excited!!
Oh my goodness! You only have 3 more weeks?? You realize that means you could have him at ANY time?!? Where has the time gone? You're probably like- the time has all been here, ganging up on me! I know those last few months go by so slow. Well woman, we should be blogger buddies now!
Corri you are sooooo cute! So weird to see you pregnant. I can't believe he's almost here. So exciting! Oh-Love the paint job. Can't wait to see pictures of his cute little face!
Post a Comment