I have had something on my mind for quite some time now and I finally decided I would just blog about it. So this is a shout out to one of the most amazing women I know...my sister. There are a lot of reasons why I love and admire my sister but for now I just want to name a few.
- The day after I got home from the hospital with Tanner, my mom, who had come to stay with me to help with the baby, had a severe allergy or asthma attack (doctors still aren't sure) and had to be hospitalized. I was a wreck. I had a little bit of postpartum depression and was also worried sick about my poor mother, all while trying to take care of a brand new baby. My amazing sister dropped everything in her life and flew in from Texas to come and stay with me and help out. She cleaned my house, cooked, and even helped get Tanner's room ready since he surprised us and came so early. Tiff, I would have never survived that first week without you. Thank you!
- My sister and her husband live in the middle of nowhere in a placed called Salt Flat, TX. The nearest sign of life is 30 minutes away in Dell City but is still in the middle of nowhere. Dell City is the nearest place to get gas, groceries, etc. and also where her kids go to school but there is still only one gas station and one tiny little market. El Paso is where they usually go for groceries and is 2 hours away. Oh and they drive there every Sunday morning for church with their 4 kids. I seriously think I would go inactive if I had to drive 2 hours to church. They practically LIVE in their car. AMAZING!!
- My sister is Superwoman! She seriously has like 5 jobs. Not kidding. She keeps books for her husbands trucking business, sells Close To My Heart scrapbooking products, works at the library and a couple more that I can't even think of cause she's so busy. She's also the PTA president and has 3 church callings. She does all this and takes care of her 4 kids and husband.
I love you, TIff! You've always been a wonderful sister and now that we're adults I'm glad I can call you my best friend!
7 comments:
That's really sweet. Sisters are great!
I think that is so sweet and thoughtful of her, but also of you for recognizing and letting her know.
That is so AWESOME that ypu have such a wonderful sister! Hey are you losing weight? You look much thinner,what's your secret????
I think my little sis has it backwards! SHE is the awesome one who I actually look up to. She is an amazing mom, an awesome friend and the greatest sister that I could ever ask for. I prayed and prayed for a little sister when I was the only girl in the family. Heavenly Father blesses me a thousand times more with not only a little sister but he gave me Corri!
Thanks for making me tear up Corri! You are very sweet and I love you a lot!
Corri, I didn't even know that you had a sister!! That was so sweet of her to come and help you!! Oh and by the way you look like a model in that pic! You are so pretty!! I miss you. I finally got a hold of Kristy and we are going to take a road trip to see you and Jen!! I'm thinking maybe this Saturday but I'm going to email you guys about it! LOVE YOU!
Corri!!!!! oh my goodness. I'm so glad I found your blog!! hpe you don't mind. remember when we started talking on the phone again, and then I fell off the face of the earth again? well i think i'm known for that with my friends, but i hope you know I STILL LOVE YOu!!!! you have such a beautiful family. wow do you look good!! I am anxious to have our little one. i have 10 weeks left, but it still seems so far away. this is really random, but oh well. there's a song that I hear on the radio often, and everytime it comes on I think of you. I don't remember the name but it was a song that came on when we were on our Acapella trip to Mexico, and i remember thinking to myself..."wow she sounds really good, I wish I could sing like that." anyways....just a fun memory. Miss ya!!!
Hey again!! I'm not sure what email you are checking but I just sent you something to your hotmail one about Kristy and I coming to visit...so check it out and write me back!! Hopefully I will see you soon!! Love you lots!
Post a Comment