Monday, February 16, 2009

The gift of time...

...that's what I got for Valentine's Day. Normally he gets me some flowers and a card or something like that which I do love but it's nice to switch it up sometimes. He asked me what I wanted this year and I said, "Just do something thoughtful...I don't really care what." So his gift to me is an entire day all for me including any money I want to spend. I can go and do whatever I want and he'll stay home with the baby. And you know what I said? "Can I make it two half days? I will miss Tanner too much to be gone for a whole day." How pathetic am I? :D But I still haven't spent a whole lot of time away from him. I've already started thinking of some things I want to do. I've never had a massage and a girl in my ward is a massage therapist so I might do that. I was thinking about seeing a chick flick with some friends or get some lunch. Probably do a little clothes shopping. But I wanna know........what would you do?

8 comments:

Quinn said...

I'm with you, Franklin is 18 months, and I still haven't spent much time away from him, plus I wouldn't know what to do with so much time, and liberty to make a choice that didn't include my little guy. Have fun though, you'll look back and be so glad you did (I wish I took more opportunities myself)

Adam Jensen said...

oh! what a wonderful gift! I think I would take 2 half days too. I would be excited to be by myself at first but then miss them too :)
I would get a pedicure, massage well the whole spa treatment if I had no money limit then the next half day I would go to lunch with friends and then just shop all by myself and then take a long drive home with my music turned way up to my fav tunes!!!
I hope you have a great day what ever you choose. Good Job nate! you are a good man :)

Reeds said...

I think mixing it up a bit with 2 half days is brilliant. Time away from baby is super hard-but the sooner you do it-the easier it is down the road. I don't think I ever left my first baby for like a whole year-and that just made it harder. Good luck. I would probably do a relaxing day once, and then an exciting girls day or night out the next time or visa versa.

Anonymous said...

What a great gift! I would start by sleeping in as long as I want, then taking a bath or shower for as long as I want! Those would probably account for half a day so maybe the two day thing is a good idea! I would definatly go shopping-- kid free!

Heidi said...

That's awesome! I'm not sure what I would do. But if it includes all the money you want to spend & everything then I would totally live it up! Lots of shopping! Have fun! Miss you guys tons!

Kristine said...

That is my favorite gift of all...time to just be Kristine instead of mommy. It's super important to reconnect with yourself. And the two half days is a fantastic idea. My favorite thing to do is papercraft (make cards or scrapbook) or wander through a library or bookstore. Both of those lead to me buying or finding things I love to do with my kids naptimes...so besides the massage and pedicure, those are the things I would do.

Janae Coons said...

My brother did that for you?! WOAH! :D That's so sweet!! Have a good day with whatever you choose or (or chose if you already did)!!

tessa said...

Love your new header. Great shots. I'd do 2 half days too. What a sweetie you have.