Monday, March 2, 2009

My Day

So I had "My Day" this past Saturday. I ended up doing it all in one day after all...I just came home to feed the baby after being gone for 3 hours. It was really nice to have some time to myself. Here's how I spent my time...

I got dressed up, even did my hair (a luxury these days) and makeup so I felt like a woman instead of a frumpy mommy. Nathan even walked in the room as I was curling my hair and said, "You look skinny!" Yes, I trained him well. Ha ha! No, just kidding, no training involved here, he's just a good guy. But it sure is nice to hear that.

First, I drove downtown to meet Karli (a friend from high school) for lunch. It was really fun doing that. Going downtown is always exciting and annoying at the same time. Fighting the traffic, crowds, construction, etc. can be a major pain. But there was so much going on it was kinda fun. There was a huge protest, an opera matinee, a "Jesus Rocks My World" convention and some dance thing all going on so there were tons of people. It was good to catch up with an old friend and chat about mutual interests. (Love ya, Karli!)

After lunch I drove home so I could feed the baby and then I went out again. I went to a bookstore, clothing store, home decorating store and spent a little bit of money at each. Then I came home again, fed the baby, and then the friend from my ward came and gave me my first ever massage. That was GREAT!!! I loved it. Overall it was a really fun and enjoyable day. Thanks, Nate for a great gift!

On another note, after blogging about my weight loss, a lot of you asked me to post pictures. I debated doing this for a while. I wasn't sure if my weight loss would be that noticable to other people. Yes, I've lost quite a bit of weight but I didn't know if it was obvious to others and I didn't want people to look at the picture and say, "She looks the same to me" or something like that. But my sister-in-law told me that it was obvious and talked me into posting a picture. Keep in mind that if you haven't seen me in several years I might not look that different. I weigh now just about ten pounds more than what I did when we got married. So if you haven't seen me since then I'll look ten pounds heavier instead of thirty pounds lighter. Oh and by the way, the picture below of me and my sister is a year old...I was about 25 pounds heavier in that one.

11 comments:

Candace said...

I'm so glad you got a day to yourself!! They are SO revitalizing and can carry you far!

You look AWESOME!

Breezy Skye said...

What a fun day. I wish David would come up with that idea. I haven't had an entire day to myself since I have had Dutch. I sure would love one. And you look great in that picture. I'm so glad you are feeling so good about yourself, it is the best feeling to like the body your in.

Erin @ Strawberry Mommycakes said...

I was going to say, "She looks the same as when I saw her last"...which has been about four-five years (too long, by the way)...but I think it's a great accomplishment to look the same as you did in college AFTER having a baby (I'm hoping my body looks somewhat like it did before the baby!)...anyway, you look GREAT and I'm glad you got your day!

Adam Jensen said...

Corri! you look great and so hot for having such a new baby! I am glad you had sucha great day!!! you deserve it.

Batty Family said...

you are so dang hot! I am majorly jealous of your message!!! You have such a thoughtfull husband-I'm glad you got your day!

ToddNSass said...

What a nice gift! I haven't seen you for awhile, but you look awesome! You've always looked great. Now we just need more pictures of the little guy....=)

Callie said...

Oh my gosh girl you look amazing! I'm glad you got to have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

You look hot! Do you guys live in Tuscan?

Reeds said...

What a fun day out! And by the way-you look amazing! I only wish I looked that good after having a baby.

Dandi said...

What a fun day! I am so happy for you!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Corri, you are HOT and I can totally tell that you have lost weight...good job!! :) You inspire me like the biggest loser people do. Really, I've packed on the married 15 and I want to drop all of it. :'( I really hope I can see you soon...will this weekend work? Check your email and let me know!! LOVE YA LOTS! Leesie