Well, I just walked in the door from church. A friend of ours was sitting in Tanner's Sunbeam class with his son and had a few hysterical (albeit inaccurate) stories that Tanner had shared during their lesson. They, of course, were learning about Jesus' death and resurrection. Warning: these are a bit irreverent but I wanted to hurry and write them down to remember the crazy things my kid comes up with sometimes.
The teacher showed the kids a picture of Jesus with the twelve apostles and Tanner said, "That's Jesus but those other guys are the BAD GUYS!"
While looking at the picture of Jesus and the other 2 men on the cross Tanner told his teacher, "Those 2 guys are bad guys and after they nailed him then Jesus pulled the nails out, jumped off the cross and grabbed the bad guys and nailed THEM to the cross!"
Later while pretending Tanner said, "You're a bad guy and I'm gonna nail you to the cross!"
He also said, "I can't wait to DIE and COME BACK TO LIFE!"
And last but not least he just told me that after Jesus came off the cross he "began to earn wings!"
OH MY!!! I can only imagine what his teacher must have been thinking! My apologies to the parents of the other children for the false doctrine my son is spreading around. I guess I know what we'll be discussing in Family Home Evening tomorrow night!
Sunday, April 8, 2012
Easter Sunday
Posted by Corri at 12:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm a bit concerned about the influence Tanner is having on Jonah! lol! Those are some creative stories he has there. What a funny kiddo!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my word he is the best kid EVER. While my favorite part was that Jesus nailed THEM to the cross, I told Josh about these and he particularly enjoyed the threat to the other kid. Hahaha, this is so great.
Darling, absolutely darling! No worries, my kid says crazy things too that keep us laughing.
did I tell you that while he was over here, he told me a joke about mopping and a dirty floor (I can't remember all the details) and then he ended it by saying, "but that is bathroom humor...my mom said"
HAhahahA
Post a Comment