Monday, May 3, 2010

Sometimes life is BLAH…

Ever find yourself feeling overwhelmed and you’re not even sure why???  I don’t completely understand this myself, yet that is how I am feeling.  What do you do when you are in a slump, feeling yucky, tired, unexcited about life?  I could use some suggestions.  (Although I probably already know the answers sometimes hearing them again helps… :D)
P.S. I know, I’m super cool for not updating my blog foorrrevvvER (Sandlot) and then when I do update it’s this lame excuse for a blog post.  But you’ll get over it.  

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Well sister, I've been in your same boat MANY times and its sounds like depression (I'm sure you already know this!) I have been dealing with my anxiety and depression for almost 20 years now and have been medicated for it for 9 yrs (prozac is one of my best friends!) I know a lot of people aren't ok with the whole meds thing, but for me it works. I'm a lifer..others just need it temporarily. It helps take the edge off and helps me get through my days. Also, of course a lot of prayer helps too! If you need any advice, message me on facebook or e-mail!

Heather said...

I think everyone goes through times like this. Knowing you, though, I wouldn't worry about clinical depression and the need for medication. Everyone has times when they are depressed - that is normal. I would just look at help for clinical depression if it continues for months on end, and nothing that would normally help you feel happier is working.

Anyway!

Maybe you could start a new hobby? Start a new exercise routine? I recently had a slump like this, too, so I started learning to be a better cook, looking at DIY projects for my home, and got back into running, and I am feeling better little by little. I also find that, for me, it is helpful to get outside and have some time to reflect and ponder spiritual things. Being outside helps me feel closer to God.

Feel free to call me, friend. I'd love to chat more!

Reeds said...

My new favorite motto is: Let it go and go with the flow! When I was V.T., my partner and the lady we were visiting (who are very experienced mothers) were laughing about the little things. They talked about how plans change and schedules constantly get interrupted. They mentioned things like how silly it was to fold socks(which I TOTALLY do/did). She said: You just have a girl basket and a boy basket of socks and all of them are white.

Well this made me think about all the little things that seem so important, and are really not at all. So just remember to Let it go and go with the flow!

Just remember that it's not an easy fix and sometimes you do need a little more of a pick me up. Just be patient with yourself because YOU are awesome!

Some little reminders of helpful things: uplifting music, much prayer, exercise, serving others(constantly pray for what you can do for others)

These are all things I need to work on and after having my next baby, I more than likely will also be pleading for some encouragement :)

Adam Jensen said...

When I am in a rut and feeling blah it helps me to get out of the house, just go outside, go for a walk, go to the park, go to the zoo, plan a playdate, arrange a date night or girl's night out. A new book can sometimes help. And writing in my journal can help me get my feelings out and help me get perspective.
You could take up a new hobby? hmmm what else?? I am sure you will get through it. Life just has ups and downs... I feel like when I am on the computer too much I feel blah, like right now :) lol.
Anyway hang in there and update on how you are doing in a few weeks!

btw that baby is soooo cute!

XO said...

Sometimes getting together with other women helps - not to have a pity-party, but to remember that even the people that you think NEVER have "blah" days/weeks/months actually do have them too.

Sorry you're feeling this way - as my favorite Dr. Suess says "Un-slumping yourself is not easily done"

Dandi said...

I love listening to pandora.com on my Mormon Tabernacle Choir station. It's mostly just spirit bringing, inspiring, peaceful music. It helps me to feel better when I am down. OR, icecream, that makes almost everything better!

Moses Family said...

Hi! Just stumbled across your blog...this picture is SO cute!

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

I've gone private. Would you send me your email address so I can invite you? Thanks! Alliebrownie@gmail.com.