Now I understand why the Beach Boys have so many songs about surfing...because it is SO FUN!! We had a lot of fun on our trip to San Diego and at the reunion but this post is going to be part one of our vacation and devoted strictly to our surfing lesson. It seriously was one of the funnest experiences of my life. The instructor spent a half hour with us on the beach teaching us the pop-up and other important maneuvers and then we hit the water! He would push us into a wave and we would have to paddle, pop-up and then balance ourselves on the board. Nathan did REALLY good! I did ok, not great. But it was still a really good time. We're already scheming to figure out another time we can go. I can't really claim to be a surfer girl yet but at least I got a nice tan. :) Here are some of our pictures.
Our instructor saw some dolphins that he pointed out to me.
I finally stood up....
...only to fall again. :D Oh well.
It at first you don't succeed...pick up your board and head back into the water.
At least one of us was good at it!
But he had his share of falls, too! :D
Our instructor was awesome and really patient with how bad I was! But I did get up a few times.
9 comments:
That's so cool!! I so want to try surfing someday. :)
So fun! Now you've got me hating my life of non-beachness. But thanks for the inspiration to rectify that soon.
Thats awesome! I'm way jealous!!! ...Pretty sure we should have gone with you guys :)And dang you look good in your little surfer outfit! We miss you guys!
HOW FUN!!! You are sooo making me want to try!! lol So I can fall down a million times I'm sure!! I love San Diego...!!!!
So awesome! And girl anytime you want to go for a pedicure again, seriously call me! I need to go! And we need to plan another lunch date. Maybe we will have to drive to Mesa and see Kristy's Baby! And where did you get you suits? We are going to be staying at the beach for a while in Oct. LOVE YOU!
How Fun!! Glad your having a little grown up fun!
SO COOL!!! you guys are rock stars! I LOVE the beach boys! :)
I love the surfing pics! So fun! This is Jess Allen (by the way)...I found your blog through someone else's in the ward. I'm glad we can now stay in touch this way! Send me your email address and I can invite you to ours. jesscuz@gmail.com
Corri! I just found your blog! How the heck are you!?!? We sure miss you guys! Your surfing pics are amazing! I don't know if I'd be brave enough to try! And your little guy is adorable! I don't think you were even pregnant that last time we saw you! It's been way too long! Feel free to check out our blog at dustinandadrian.blogspot.com!
Post a Comment