This is how I feel every time Tanner FINALLY goes down for a nap. "Ok, what do I need to get done in five minutes before he wakes up and realizes he's alone!?" It usually goes something like this:
At 1 PM..."He's finally asleep! Oh shoot, I haven't eaten anything yet today." (Scarf down a bowl of cereal) If I hurry I might have time for a quick shower...oh, no he's crying. (Rock him back to sleep.) If he still manages to stay asleep (this almost NEVER happens for very long unless I'm holding him) then I might wash a few dishes or throw in a batch of laundry. So this is why I haven't managed to post any new pictures or update the blog. And it's also why I'll be cutting this very short and just posting some pictures...that's all you all really want anyway, right? To see the baby! :D
Now let me add a quick note that I am saying all of this with a sense of humor. As crazy as my life has been since he was born, I am LOVING it! He is such a blessing and I would never trade being his mommy for anything! Soon I will give an actual update once things get a little less crazy or rather once I get the hang of being a mom.

Tanner is reading his first book...you can't tell but he's barely peeking at the book with his right eye.
We had our ward Halloween party this week. Nate was Ol' McDonald and Tanner was his cow.

E-I-E-I-O!!!
I truly believe he is the world's cutest baby...
...especially when he smiles!
And even when he cries.
"Okay, Mom, quit taking my picture...seriously!"
17 comments:
OH, I VIVIDLY recall thinking some of those very same things when Hannah was born!! I would be like..."ok, I need to pee, eat, and shower. Which should I do first?" I know it's pretty crazy right now, but HANG IN THERE and just keep enjoying his "smallness"!! :)
I can not believe how much he has changed!! Thank you for FINALLY satisfying my heart and sending more pics! I love the cow outfit! So cute!! My fav pic is the first crying one. I love it!!!! Oh I miss him oh and you too!
:-)
Love ya!
He is so cute and tiny! I'm glad to hear that you have a sense of humor about this all. You almost have to! Keep up the good work! It'll gradually get better and easier!
Oh he is so precious. I'm so glad you updated. I keep checking your blog hoping to see a new picture and I'm so glad you did. I so remember with my first how I was constantly holding him and terrified to let him cry for even a minute. But eventually you get the hang of it and you start making it to the shower before noon. But it is so worth it to just and sit and hold them as much as possible because before you know it they're two and they don't want to snuggle and then you can't just snuggle the second all day because you're still chasing the first. So eat it up, don't let anybody tell you to sit him down and let him cry. Snuggle all day long if that's what you want. That is definitely what I did.
I agree with what breezy skye says - if it makes you happy and it's what you want to do, snuggle, snuggle and snuggle some more. I don't think it ever gets "easier," you are always just moving on to a new phase that comes with it's own new challenges. Some people enjoy some phases, while other people enjoy completely different phases.
I'm sure Tanner loves that you are his mommy too. No one can replace you.
Love those pics of him smiling! What a sweetie pie!
Well I would have to agree that you and nate make pretty stinkin cute babies. His eyes are so big and beautiful...If I was 24 years younger...wink wink..:-D
He is SO tiny and SO cute! I'm glad you're enjoying being a mom even though it's tiring. I love that picture of Tanner looking up at Nate :)
He is incredibly adorable! It is so hard being a mother, and nothing can prepare you for the 24 hour worry every day. You will never regret every sleepless night though!
Oh my gosh! He is so cute! Thank you for finally posting some new pics. I have been waiting forever for them. Gary & I cannot wait to see him in person. All the pictures are sooo cute. I love that picture of him smiling & the cow is really cute. That was a great idea for Old McDonald too!
As far as having NO TIME goes... it will always be that way. You will always be running around the house trying to decide what you should do with the "spare" (it's never really spare) five minutes. But sometimes you just have to say to heck with the housework & every other million things on your to-do list & just take a rest yourself.
We miss you guys & will hopefully get up there sometime soon. Alyssa can't wait to see Tanner. She always asks when are we going to get to go see you guys & your baby. Enjoy that little guy while he's still little & take lots of pictures, they're only little once!
I finally found my way around to your blog. Here's Mindi's blog:
http://mindihawman.blogspot.com/
Like I said, she doesn't update it very often, but occasionally. She does check her email, but even that's a hit or miss!
Congrats Corri on your liitle boy! He is so cute!!! Love the pictures :) Marisa Rowley Rasmussen
Okay he really is the cutest baby in the world (since mine aren't babies anymore :). No really though. He is absolutely adorable. I want to see you SOOOOO badly! What does this Sunday look like for you guys? We've got a Regional Conference - are you part of that too? Maybe I'll try to remember to give you a call.
Yay Corri!!! Congrats! I just got your thank you card today and realized I haven't been getting your blog updates on google reader, but now I will. Tanner is so cute! I hope all is well!
It does get less hectic so sit back and enjoy for now and good heavens sleep. I'm so impressed with you for posting at all! The cow outfit and farmer are adorable!!
Oh my Goodness Corri!!! He really is the Worlds cutest baby boy!! congratulations!!! I love the Old McDonald and Cow theme!!! How CUTE IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????
WOW. He is SO cute! If he wasn't, i just wouldn't comment. lol . but he soooooooo is. I LOVE that pic of your hubby and him looking at eachother. so cute. Have you tried swaddling him to get him to sleep un-held longer? i eventually tried that w/my first and it worked wonderfully! You know, so you can at least shower or something.
Post a Comment