It is so embarrassing that I haven't updated this thing in almost 2 months now. Here's a little of what we've been up to!
I bought a dresser several months ago off craigslist for dirt cheap and it's just been sitting in my garage waiting for me to make it pretty. Well I finally got around to it once it cooled off a bit.
This is the bedspread I bought online and I wanted to paint the dresser a gray/blue to go with the bedding.

So here's my before:
And after:
And a close up of the hardware, because I love it!

My Grandma gave me these nightstands when she wasn't using them anymore and we've been using them for years now but they needed an update so I painted them to match.

I'm not gonna lie, the whole thing was kind of a nightmare. I just happened to get some REALLY crappy paint from Ace Hardware so it made the whole process miserable and they didn't end up as great as I had hoped. I think the workers probably hate me because I literally returned cans of paint three separate times. So there are some flaws but I'm counting on the fact that no one will really see them that much since they're in our bedroom and I will forget about all the little flaws with time, I'm sure. Overall, I like the color and I'm happy to be that much closer to having a COMPLETELY finished bedroom!




8 comments:
Darling! The hardware is beautiful! Where did you get it?
I love the hardware! It's beautiful. And the dresser is awesome too. I have a large cabinent in my room right now that is acting as my dresser. It has no drawers and only 4 shelves though. So I'm totally jealous of your awesome dresser. I think I'll check craigslist too....don't know why I didn't think of that before now! :) How are you all by the way? Hope you're doing well!
Oh my heck! Corri they look AWESOME! The color couldn't be more perfect. Can't wait to see how the whole room comes together. Great choice on the dresser - it's got great "bones" perfect for painting.
Girl!!! What are you talking about!!??? They look sooooo good!!! You are a natural! I have been wanting to redo my dressers...but am nervous!!! lol Good job!!!!!!
I think they look great! That's so fun that they match your bedding so well. Good job!
They turned out AWESOME! I am proud of ya!
The colors are awesome Cori!! I love them :D.
yeah! great job :)
Post a Comment