Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vacacion de la Familia Coons

Take that Senor McBride! Now someone just needs to teach me how to type an N with the little squiggly over it and I'll be all set! :) So we went on vacation to Utah last week and it was lots of fun. We were very tired by the end but it was totally worth it. So here's a load of pictures for your viewing pleasure. Heeeeere we GO!

After a BBQ in the park with relatives Nate and Tanner enjoy a little relaxation in the grass.

We went to Temple Square and viewed the art on display at the Conference Center...beautiful!

A hike around Silver LakeAfter the hike we went back to Aunt Sharon's and enjoyed a little R & R on the lawn and ate some watermelon...well mostly Tanner ate and I got sticky.

He eventually took the whole thing from me and dug in! See...he's even got a little chunk on his eyelid. We call him our little piggy. If you wonder where he gets it from see the next picture.




Utah is really gorgeous!


We saw a few plays while at the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City. Together we saw "As You Like It" (pretty good) and "Comedy of Errors" (hilarious!). Then I saw the musical "The Secret Garden", which I loved, with Nate's mom and he saw "Henry V" with his dad.

On the way home we stopped at the Grand Canyon because Nate had never seen it. His Dad was reading a book which talked about all the people who've died from climbing on rocks at the Grand Canyon. So what does Nathan just HAVE to do when we get there????? Ugh...boys!


All in all it was a great vacation...considering no one died. It was really nice of Nate's parents to stay in Cedar City longer to watch Tanner so we could go to the plays. Once we got home we were pretty exhausted so we took a couple of days to relax and catch up on our sleep, laundry, etc. Fun times! Now we just have to get ready to do it all again because in about 3 weeks we're going to San Diego! Woo hoo! Anyway, that's about all there is to say. Except, I of course have to give a little Tanner update. Here's his latest and greatest. Enjoy!

He has made his way into plenty of nooks and crannies...here's one I caught on camera. This is our computer desk.

I have no idea where this face came from or what it means but it sure is funny.

This boy LOVES music! Even when my cell phone rings he sits there and bobs his head to the beat. Well. one day I was cleaning and had some Michael Buble playing and Tanner just couldn't help himself...he had to sing and dance along. I grabbed the camera and played the song a couple more times to get a few good clips.

And we took Tanner to his first baseball game. Too bad the Diamondbacks were totally squashed by the other team. Oh well...it was fun anyway.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Bring my boyfriend back to Utah. I've never seen smoother moves.

Rachel said...

I totally saw that art work last sunday!!! It was amazing, I got choked up reading the descriptions and seeing the amazing talent. What did you vote for?
Your little guy is SO cute!!!! what a fun vacation!

Karli said...

Okay, you totally have the cutest family ever! You are Beautiful! Nate is a handsome man! And Tanner is irresistably squishable and huggable! Is that hair I see on top of his head now? Cute!

Glad you guys had fun. Good luck on your adventure to San Diego. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Melissa Rees said...

Oh my gosh I totally read that book when I went to the Grand Canyon!! It freaked me out so I stayed very far away from the edge. tanner is getting so big! PS-We are preggers with #2! Crazy I know!

Tavia said...

LOVE IT!!! It cracks me up that Tan-Man always has his toes curled. What a monkey!

Gary said...

Hey! Sounds like a fun trip, but also exhausting! You guys went and did a lot! Cute pictures though. By the way you do the ñ or Ñ by holding Alt and typing 164 or 165. ☺☻♥♦♣♠☼♫♪♂♀ I'll have to teach you more cool tricks another time.

Tatum said...

Hey YOU!! So good to see you (well, pictures of you)! What a fun trip! What a beautiful little family you have! Where are you living? I want see you! I live sooo close to that old pool!