Wednesday, May 7, 2008

CHANGE IS THE PROCESS BY WHICH THE FUTURE INVADES OUR LIVES

Honestly, just about everything in my life is changing. It's wonderful and stressful all at the same time. First of all, Nathan and I are expecting our first child in September of this year. Take a look at the sonogram below and see if there is any doubt that we're having a little boy. (Sheesh, I had never seen such an OBVIOUS sonogram in my life!) We are so excited to welcome this little guy into our lives. Nate will be such an awesome father and it helps that he is a big kid, himself.

The next big change is that Nathan is going to be graduating from pharmacy school in June! WOO HOO!!! It went by so fast. He spent many late nights at the library and many busy days in class. I am so proud of him and all of his hard work over the last several years.

Shortly after he graduates we will be purchasing our first home! We are super excited about this change, as we've spent the last several years crammed into a tiny apartment in student housing. We got to go house shopping last weekend and there were two in particular that interested us. Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Horray! ... I love new bloggers. I'm excited to see your posts. And no, I've never seen a more obvious sonogram picture for a boy. Wow. It's a boy alright, no doubt about it.

As for houses, congratulations! That is very exciting. Buying a house is the best because you get to make it totally your own. That's so awesome. And before the baby comes along, which makes it even better because you can decorate for him however you want! ... I like the surprise house, based on pictures. There are 1,000 things that go into that decision though, like sq footage, price, what you're looking for, so I can't even begin to say. Keep us updated, though!

Tiff said...

Love it Corri! And yes you are right about the picture...WOW!

I really like the kitchen in the Glendale house better than the Surprise one. It looks a lot bigger! But I really love the family room built ins at the Surprise house! So whichever you choose you are getting an awesome home!

Love ya!

Breezy Skye said...

Corri I found your blog. Congratulations. I am so excited that you and Nate are having a baby boy. You are going to be such an awesome mom. And that is so great about a house. It is so much fun to have your very own house that you can paint and decorate any way you want. I am just so happy for the two of you.

Karli said...

Welcom to the blogging world! I love, love, love that you have David Archuleta singing on your blog - I really could listen to him all day!

As for the houses... I'm a little partial to the look of the Surprise house, but not crazy about the built in entertainment center. The Glendale kitchen is nice. Things I would take into serious consideration are the neighbors, HOAs, school zoning, re-sale-ability, layout, etc. I'm serious about the neighbor thing though... what is the percentage of homes that are rented out, etc. Good luck and try not to stress too much!

Love ya!

Heather said...

DAH! You're really having a baby! And buying a house! And your husband is about to be a pharmacist! You've made it to official grown-up status now! Those are a lot of exclamation points!

Becky McArthur said...

Yay I found you Corri! Congrats on the little guy coming your way! Isn't it so fun to know what your having so you can start planning and of course buying stuff. That's exciting all the things that are changing for you guys. Good luck house shopping and tell Nate I said congrats on graduating. What an awesome accomplishment. So proud of you guys. Keep on posting!

Erin said...

Hey Corri!! YAY on having a baby!! You guys DO have a lot of big changes coming up. That's great that Nate is graduating. I'm sure it's such a relief to have him done. I'm glad you're blogging now and I can check up on you and your fam.