I was having a conversation with a friend the other day about my blog and how I haven't updated it in a really REALLY long time. I started thinking about this and truly wondering why I don't like to post on my blog. This is what I came up with.
I'm OCD. There you have it. I could go into a lot of detail as to what and why. In a nutshell it has to do with me wanting my blog to be perfect (uniform, funny, current, chronological, witty, interesting, full of pictures, the list goes on and on) because I'm worried of what people will think of me or my life if it's not all of those things. And I realized that I've missed the opportunity to write down and remember so many wonderful moments because of this perfectionism. I want to blog for ME and MY family and stop worrying about what everyone else will think. So that's what I'm going to do.
I thought about going private (completely private, like a journal) but decided for now I'd try to just get over this perfectionistic way of thinking so that I can still share what's going on with our friends and family. This might seem so silly to some people. I'm not like this with ANYTHING else but for some reason I am with my blog. So things might be different around here. If you start to think my blog is annoying, random, disorderly, not funny or even, dare I say it, boring *gasp* then feel free to find another blog to read. My feelings won't be hurt...promise. This is going to be a place for me to write my thoughts, feelings and memories of my life, no matter how disinteresting it may be to you. That's all for now. :)
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Why I Don't Blog
Posted by Corri at 12:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm excited your back! For what it's worth, I've never thought your blog anything but wonderful.
Corriannie!!!! You could never be dull or boring if you tried!!! I am glad you are writing in your blog again! I love your writing. Don't get me wrong...I love reading your FB stuff...but reading your blog makes me feel like you called me personally and told me all the things going on in your life!
Never a dull moment!! Never never!
Good for you! That's exactly what mine is for me, and because it's really ME, I'm enjoying it and strangely it's becoming funny, cute, organized, etc. Enjoy the process, it's great hearing from you!
Here, here! Love you, Girl. I'll read anything you write, any day of the week. :)
Post a Comment